Eve Announces Second-Gen ‘Eve Motion’ with Light Sensor and Thread
Eve Systems has just announced the availability of the second generation of Eve Motion. The new wireless motion sensor with Apple HomeKit adds an integrated light sensor, support for the future-proof mesh networking standard Thread, and a lower price tag.
The new model of Eve Motion is the 14th product in the Eve portfolio to support Thread. All Thread-enabled Eve products will receive free OTA firmware updates so you can use them with other Matter ecosystems like Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Samsung SmartThings.
The second-generation Eve Motion is battery operated and features a fully redesigned, IPX3 water-resistant enclosure. The sensor is quick and easy to set up and offers a 120-degree field of view spanning 9 meters of range.
“We can’t wait for Matter to become available in Fall 2022,” said Jerome Gackel, CEO of Eve Systems.
“With the launch of the new model of Eve Motion we continue to deliver a wave of products prepared to shape the smart home of the future. Combining wireless motion and light sensors, Eve Motion is the essential tool to automate your HomeKit smart home.”
Below are the tech specs for Eve Motion 2:
- Operating Range: Field of view 120°; distance: 9 m / 30 ft. max at 2 m / 6.5 ft. mounting height;
- Operating temperature: -18°C to +55°C; indoors and outdoors: Certified IPX3; twilight setting: 0 – 15,000 lux
- Installation: Freestanding or wall mounting
- Power: 2x AAA replaceable batteries
- Wireless Connection: Bluetooth Low Energy, Thread
- Dimensions: 65 x 65 x 34 mm / 2.56 x 2.56 x 1.34 in