Parallels has announced the release of the latest version of its well-known software Parallels Desktop 12, packing various new features and, more importantly, support for Apple’s upcoming desktop operating system macOS Sierra. There is also a more than 25% performance improvement.
As detailed in the press release, Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac comes with 20 tools and utilities, which are also available as a standalone Parallels Toolbox for Mac app. The latest software also includes a one-year subscription to a backup solution provided by Acronis True Image, which includes up to 500 GB of free online storage.
Among the new features included in Parallels Desktop 12:
– Support for Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch PC game.
– Support for Windows 10 Xbox app, for streaming and playing all Xbox games on a Mac
– Schedule Windows updates for an appropriate time at night to avoid time-consuming disruptions during your day.
– Control storage space used by VMs directly from the Optimized Storage in macOS Sierra.
– Store Microsoft Edge™ and Internet Explorer® passwords in Mac Keychain®.
– Assign special behaviors to Windows apps, such as Always Open Full Screen or Always Hide Other Apps, so they play even better on your Mac.
– Easily cancel time-consuming VM actions.
– Open documents from SharePoint® and Office 365® in Microsoft Office for Windows desktop applications directly from your favorite Mac browser.
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac, Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition, and Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition are available today for those who upgrade from version 10 or 11, and will be available to the general public on August 23.
The software’s recommended retail price is USD$79.99, while upgraders have the option to upgrade to Parallels Desktop Pro Edition subscription for $49.99 per year for life. Parallels Desktop Pro Edition and Parallels Desktop Business Edition are available to new customers for $99.99 per year.