Apple has released the Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion update, which is recommended to all users. According to the Apple’s support page, the extensively tested update brings enhanced stability, compatibility and security to your Mac computer, alongside Mail fixes.
Here is what the software update contains:
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Mail from displaying messages
- Improves AFP file transfer performance over 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Resolves an issue that may prevent a screen saver from starting automatically
- Improves Xsan reliability
- Improves reliability when transferring large files over Ethernet
- Improves performance when authenticating to an Open Directory server
- Addresses an issue that prevented a smart card from unlocking preference panes in System Preferences
- Contains the improvements included in MacBook Air (Mid 2013) Software Update 1.0
You can download the update through the Mac App Store. Apple is widely expected to release 10.9 Mavericks in October.