Every year at the World Wide Developer Conference (WWDC) Apple announces winners for the Apple Design Awards (ADA) which this year is based solely on apps for the iPhone OS…err…I mean iOS. These awards recognize developers that come up with innovate and quality apps that can be used on any iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad.
MacStories just posted a list of the winners, which has yet to be updated on Apple’s website. Here are the winners:
– Financial Times
– Doodle Jump fromÂ Lima Sky
– Brushes for iPhone Â byÂ Steve Sprang
– TabToolkit fromÂ Agile Partners
– Articles for iPhone byÂ Sophiestication
– Flight Control HD fromÂ Firemint
– Twenty Minute Meals fromÂ Zolmo
– Star Walk for iPad fromÂ Vito Technology
– Real Racing for iPhone from Firemint
– Pinball HD fromÂ Gameprom
I’ve tried most of the games above and they are extremely well made. My favourite out of that list is Real Racing for the iPhone. When that game first came out I was amazed at how fluid the graphics were on my iPhone 3GS. Looks like the folks at Firemint nabbed two awards, as Flight Control HD took one down as well.
Congrats to the winners for emerging as the top apps as chosen by Apple. It’s quite the achievement to be recognized out of over 200,000 apps!
What iOS apps do you think should’ve made the winners’ list?