Many people have had this issue with syncing their iPhone 3G’s–long sync times. What gives? Well it turns out the delay has been linked to the iPhone’s sending of diagnostic data back to Apple. The following procedure does not remove the backup process itself, so your precious iPhone data will still be there. I just tried out the following steps myself and it worked flawlessly! So I thought it would be of interest to you guys as well, for those who have not read about this yet.
How to Speed Up iPhone 3G Syncing in iTunes
- Connect your iPhone 3G to your computer.
- Once connected, uncheck the “Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected” box under Options.
- Unplug iPhone and plug back in. Right click on the iPhone in the left menu, and choose ‘Reset Warnings’.
- Click sync in the bottom right hand corner–this will incur a pop up window. Untick the “Do not ask me again” box and then click on Don’t Send. That’s it!
- Re-tick the box in Step 2 for “Automatically sync…”
After I followed these steps my iPhone sync time was literally cut down by more than half–it definitely sped things up. Prior to this, syncing a few songs and such would take FOREVER…to the point where I’d want to smash my iPhone 3G (well not really). Give this a try if you’re having some issues with long sync times and let me know if it worked or not!
Side note: my replacement iPhone will be arriving today via UPS…stay tuned as I will give you the updated results on my iPhone 3G battery issues.
PS – Don’t forget to enter my FREE invisibleSHIELD for the iPhone 3G contest! Post a comment on this post to win! Enter coupon code “iphoneinca” for 10% off your order! Click here to visit the invisibleSHIELD website!
If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my RSS feed, so you won’t miss any updates! You can also subscribe via email and have daily updates sent to your Inbox! Want more? Find out what I’m doing right now! Follow me on Twitter!