If you’re a new Apple Watch user, there are some tips and tricks you should know about, says Apple.
Did you know you could use your Apple Watch to make your iPhone play a sound when you can’t find it, and even strobe the camera flash if you’re looking for it in the dark?
Apple recently published a new video detailing “10 helpful Apple Watch tips you should know” on its Apple Support channel on YouTube.
- Pinging your iPhone using your Apple Watch
- Setting multiple timers
- Turning water lock on and off to prevent accidental touches when you’re in the water
- Changing watch face complications
- Customizing the Home Screen
- Using your Apple Watch as a shutter for your iPhone with the Camera Remote app
- Identifying a song with your Apple Watch
- Switching audio output between paired Bluetooth devices
- Quickly replying to iMessages with a Tapback
- Silencing alerts with the palm of your hand
Great list of tips — muting alerts with just your palm sure comes in handy. “Now that you know these tips, keep exploring to discover what else you can do with your Apple Watch,” says the Apple Support video.
Last month, Apple announced the new Apple Watch Series 7 alongside the iPhone 13 lineup, new iPad mini, and 9th-generation iPad. Apple Watch Series 7 pre-orders might start this month.
If you want to learn more about the latest Apple Watch while you wait for it to launch, take a look at our comparison between the Apple Watch Series 7 and Apple Watch Series 6.
Check out the full Apple Support video above and share your favourite Apple Watch tricks and tips in the comments.