redsn0w 0.9.10b1, PwnageTool 5.0.1 Downloads for iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak [Update]
Update 2: The iPhone Dev team has released an update to redsn0w, version 0.9.10b3:
Update #3: The b3 version of redsn0w fixes a problem where re-running redsn0w over an existing jailbreak would cause MobileSubstrate-based apps to stop running until MS was installed again. Now you can re-run the redsn0w jailbreak step without worrying about that (but still remember to de-select the “Install Cydia” option if it’s already installed).TIP: If auto-detection fails and redsn0w tells you no identifying data was found, you can always pre-select the appropriate 5.0.1 IPSW using “Extras->Select IPSW”.Here are the redsn0w download links:
- redsn0w 0.9.10b3 for OS X
- redsn0w 0.9.10b3 for Windows (be sure to run in Administrator mode)
Update 1: The iPhone Dev Team has released an update to redsn0w, version 0.9.10b2:
Update #2: The b2 version of redsn0w includes the launchctl-related fix by @planetbeing as mentioned by @saurik here and here. As usual, you can just re-run redsn0w in jailbreak mode over your existing 5.0.1 jailbreak (even a PwnageTool one), making sure to de-select “Install Cydia” if you do. Always be sure to do a controlled “slide to power off” shutdown of your device before running redsn0w.Here are the redsn0w download links:
- redsn0w 0.9.10b2 for OS X
- redsn0w 0.9.10b2 for Windows (be sure to run in Administrator mode)
The iPhone Dev Team also received pod2g’s iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak to package, test and distribute. That has arrived in the form of an updated version of redsn0w 0.9.10b1. The iPhone Dev Team also notes a few things to keep in mind regarding this untether:
- The untether is for iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G
- If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
- If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
- Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.
What Does This All Mean?
If you don’t care about an unlock via ultrasn0w, update your A4 devices to iOS 5.0.1 via iTunes and jailbreak via redsn0w 09.10b1 (here’s a similar guide to follow in the meantime):
- redsn0w 0.9.10b1 for OS X
- redsn0w 0.9.10b1 for Windows (be sure to run in Administrator mode)
If you require the ultrasn0w unlock, update to iOS 5.0.1 via a custom firmware (to preserve your baseband) by using PwnageTool 5.0.1 (here’s a similar guide to follow).
- PwnageTool_5.0.1.dmg (Mac)
Already on a tethered iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak? Run the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 over your existing tethered jailbreak to untether. Or, even easier just download and install ‘Corona’ in Cydia, released by the Chronic Dev Team.
Let us know how your untethered jailbreaks go!