RBC is offering a spring promo offering up a free pair of Apple AirPods, with the opening of eligible bank accounts, if you have time to jump through some hoops.
According to RBC, those who open an eligible Personal Banking Account between February 28 and April 30, 2020, can get a free set of AirPods
The following bank accounts are eligible:
- RBC No Limit Banking account (monthly fee of $10.95 until May 31, 2020; $11.95 effective June 1, 2020)
- RBC Signature No Limit Banking account (monthly fee of $15.95)
- RBC VIP Banking account (monthly fee of $30)
Complete at least two of the following by 9:00 PM Eastern Time on June 30, 2020:
- set up two pre-authorized payments from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account
- set up one automated and recurring payroll or pension direct deposit to your new Eligible Personal Banking Account
- set up two bill payments to a service provider from your new Eligible Personal Banking Account.
RBC says eligibility also means those opening an account, as of February 28, 2020, “do not have, and in the 5 years prior have not had, a Personal Banking Account with Royal Bank of Canada or any of its deposit taking subsidiaries,” explains the fine print. You’ll also need to keep your account open for 12 months.
Once you’ve completed all of these requirements by RBC, then you will finally receive a free set of AirPods.
With all the work involved, I think it may be easier to just get some AirPods on sale at $189 from Costco. But if you just happened to be opening a new RBC bank account, this might be a perk you’ve been waiting for.