Apple Updates iTunes U for iPad With New Course Creation and Collaboration Features
Today, Apple has launched a new version of iTunes U for the iPad. The latest version of the app includes plenty of new features that allows for better student-teacher interaction.
The new version of the app allows teachers to create entire courses on the iPad. The app now allows teachers to import content from iBook Author, iWork, and other educational apps. Apple has made it even easier for teachers to track the progress of their students within the app.
Teachers are not the only target for this update. Students now have the ability to collaborate with both teachers and other classmates. Users will also receive push notifications, alerting them when a new topic or comment is added.
Here is a full list of features included in the latest iTunes U update from Apple:
Let the discussion begin
– The new iTunes U makes it simple for students participating in private courses to pose questions on the course or any post or assignment
– Other students in the class can jump into the discussion and ask more questions or provide answers
– Teachers and students can keep up with the conversation when they receive push notifications as the discussion progresses
Create courses on iPad
– Teachers can now create and update their courses using the iTunes U app on their iPad–getting started is fast, simple, and completely free
– Provide every student a course outline, write posts, distribute assignments, upload class materials, easily track participating students, and much more
– Take advantage of the built in camera on iPad to easily capture photos or videos and upload them for course assignments
– Create materials using Pages, Numbers, and Keynote–or other apps from the App Store–and add them to your course by using “Open in iTunes U” from within each app
– Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions have the option to publish their courses to the iTunes U Catalog–making them available to everyone for free