After Microsoft launched its new Xbox Series X and Series S this week, it’s now time for Sony to officially launch the sale of its PlayStation 5 (PS5) console in Canada, now available for purchase. PlayStation 5 pre-orders launched back in mid-September.
Due to COVID-19, if you want to buy the PlayStation 5 at launch in Canada, you can only do so online. Sony made this announcement earlier this month.
“In the interest of keeping our gamers, retailers, and staff safe amidst COVID-19, today we are confirming that all day-of launch sales will be conducted through the online stores of our retail partners,” said Sony at the time.
“No units will be available in-store for purchase on launch day – please don’t plan on camping out or lining up at your local retailer on launch day in hopes of finding a PS5 console for purchase. Be safe, stay home, and place your order online,” added the company.
Below is a list of Canadian retailers where you can buy the PlayStation 5 online and some that may be getting period stock in small numbers:
- Shoppers Drug Mart – 6am PST/9am EST
- Toys R Us – 6am PST/9am EST
- The Source – 8am PST/11am EST
- EB Games – 8am PST/11am EST
- BestBuy.ca – late morning EST
- Walmart.ca – late morning EST
- Amazon.ca – in stock as of 1:16PM PST with web browser
- Costco.ca – PS5 bundle listed but unavailable
- London Drugs – to be determined (TBD)
- Superstore – confirmed online stock
- Staples -TBD
PlayStation 5 pricing in Canada:
- PlayStation 5 with an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc: $629.99 CAD
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition: $499.99 CAD
Did you order a PlayStation 5 this morning? Or are you picking up your PS5 pre-order today?