Montréal-based Transit on Thursday announced the addition of Ontario’s Cornwall Transit and Milton Transit services to its ‘Transit Royale’ subscription service.
Transit is a public transit navigation app that serves 300 cities across the globe, including Quebec City, Toronto, Montréal, and Victoria. The app offers accurate real-time predictions, step-by-step navigation, trip planning, and easy payments to partner transit agencies. Transit even hosts private transit systems like Uber that offer bike-share, car-share, and ride-hail services.
In August 2021, the app’s makers launched Transit Royale — a subscription service that offers full departure schedules, maps for transit lines in every city the app operates in, special app themes, and customizable icons based on transit systems from different parts of the world.
Transit riders pay a monthly or a discounted yearly price to subscribe to Transit Royale.
Transit Royale subscribers even get a custom avatar and nickname to represent them in leaderboards for the app’s crowdsourced, real-time GO feature.
Cornwall Transit and Milton Transit were both a part of the latest wave of agencies to partner with the platform. Take a look at the full list below:
- ABQ Ride in Albuquerque, NM
- Big Blue Bus in Santa Monica, CA
- C-TRAN in Vancouver, WA
- CARTA in Charleston, SC
- Cornwall Transit in Cornwall, ON
- CW Ride systems (Albany Transit System, Corvallis Transit System, Lincoln County Transit System, Benton Area Transit, Linn Shuttle, Lebanon Inter-Neighborhood Xpress) in Oregon’s Cascades West region
- FAST in Fairfield, CA
- Golden Empire Transit in Bakersfield, CA
- Knoxville Area Transit in Knoxville, TN (official launch March 28)
- Loudoun County Transit in Loudoun County, VA (first system operated by Keolis North America to upgrade to Royale)
- Metro in Los Angeles County, CA
- Milton Transit in Milton, ON
- Monterey-Salinas Transit in Monterey, CA
- NICE Bus in Nassau County, NY
- Omnitrans in San Bernardino, CA
- RideKC in Kansas City, MO
- RTD in Denver, CO
- SolTrans in Vallejo, CA
- UTA in Salt Lake City, UT
- WeGo Public Transit in Nashville, TN
“With a subscription to Transit Royale, agencies are giving their riders a first-class app experience with complete Mobility-as-a-Service functionality and getting insights from their ridership that can’t be found anywhere else,” Transit said in an issued statement.
The Transit app empowers local transit agencies to develop a complete Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) experience for their riders. Milton Transit, along with C-TRAN, Golden Empire Transit, LA Metro, RideKC, and UTA, for example, is integrating on-demand micro-transit into the Transit app to give its riders the ability to plan complete trips that connect with fixed-route service.
Milton Transit also offers mobile ticketing directly within the Transit app, as do Big Blue Bus, Golden Empire Transit, Milton Transit, NICE Bus, RTD, and Omnitrans.