Rogers has announced some services will temporarily go free for customers, to help them cope with the COVID-19 pandemic. The following services will see charges waived until April 30, 2020:
Wireless (Rogers, Fido, Chatr) and Consumer/Small Business Telephone
- Long distance calling fees across Canada
- Rogers Roam Like Home
- Fido Roam
- Pay-per-use roaming fees for postpaid and small businesses
- Rogers/Fido home internet data usage caps
TV Channels for Free for Rogers Ignite TV and Digital TV
- Family: Disney, Disney Jr., Family Channel, Family Jr., YTV, Treehouse, Teletoon, and ABC Spark
- Premium and News: FX, CP24, CTV News Channel, and CBC News Network
- Multicultural: New Tang Dynasty, TV Asia
- New channels will continue to be added to the rotation says Rogers
“We know that there is a lot of uncertainty in our daily lives right now. This is a challenge that affects every Canadian and every business across our country, and we all have a vital role to play in supporting each other through it,” said Joe Natale, President and Chief Executive Officer, Rogers, in an issued statement. “The connectivity we provide Canadians is critical now more than ever, and these steps will help to make life a little easier for our customers.”
Rogers and Fido services will also not be suspended or disconnected “for any customers experiencing financial difficulties over the next 90 days,” while the company will also support customers “facing financial uncertainty” with flexible payment options if affected by COVID-19.
Rogers previously stated it was removing internet data usage caps to support teleworkers, similar moves made by Bell and Telus. Rogers also joins Telus in waiving wireless roaming fees, but extended free TV and offering flexible payment options is a nice added touch.