WIND Mobile has launched a promo plan today, which is actually their $45 plan with a $6 discount. So this discounted $39 plan offers the following:
- Unlimited Data (5GB full speed allotment, then fair usage policy applies)
- Unlimited calls to Canada and the USA
- Unlimited Global Text
- International calling rates starting at 1¢/min
- Unlimited Picture and Video messaging to Canada and the USA
- Reduced roaming rates in over 50 countries
WIND Mobile explains via email a recent Google consumer survey they conducted saw 36% of Canadians “feel that their cell phone bills are too high. And of those of respondents, 36 per cent are most concerned about seeing scary data overage on their next phone bill.”
The carrier launched refurbished iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c sales back in June, but that may cease as Apple Canada has warned provider Ingram Micro it has breached contract terms by offering refreshed units to WIND Mobile.
While WIND Mobile has good efforts to put a dent in the pockets of the Big 3, the carrier is still plagued with coverage issues outside of major urban areas, but that should change once its LTE network is eventually setup and running.
Let us know if you’re going to jump on this or will be calling in to switch over to this discounted plan–it goes until the end of September.