KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has predicted that Apple will debut a new MacBook Air with dual microphone, and a much thinner 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro at the worldwide developers conference, but also mentioned today an iMac line refresh. Kuo has seen the 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro being refreshed in a slimmer design with an updated front camera — full HD resolution — to improve FaceTime and video conferencing.
Leaked SKUs have already hinted at two 11-inch and two 13-inch configurations of the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
When Apple’s head of worldwide marketing Phil Schiller took the stage, to talk about the Mac, he presented the updated MacBook Air and promised “all-day battery life”. Current 11-inch MacBook Air has 5 hour of battery life and the 13-inch has 7 hours.
The updated 11-inch MacBook Air sport the latest Intel Haswell processor, which 40% faster graphics, smarter low-power states, more energy-efficient CPUs. As a result the updated 11-inch MacBook Air has 9 hours of battery life ,while the 13-inch is 12 hours of battery life.
The 11-inch MacBook Air starts at $999 with 128GB of Flash storage, while the 13-inch model starts at $1,099 and they are available today!
11-inch, 13-inch MacBook Air tech specs:
- 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor – Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz with 3MB shared L3 cache – Configurable to 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache.)
- Intel HD Graphics 5000
- 4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory, configurable up to 8GB
- storage: 128GB or 256GB Flash (Configurable to 512GB flash storage)
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- 11-inch models: $999 or $1,199 (256GB Flash storage version)
- 13-inch models: $1,099 or $1,299 (256GB Flash storage version)
- Available in 24 hours via Apple online store.