What time is Apple’s iPhone 13 pre-order in Canada? Is your wallet excited yet?
You can pre-order iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max in Canada starting at 5am PST/8am EST on Friday, September 17, 2021, as noted on Apple’s website.
If you’re new to pre-ordering iPhones from Apple, the easiest and by far fastest way to do so for the iPhone 13 lineup is to use the Apple Store iPhone app, the company’s shopping app.
Here are some simple steps to get yourself set up for tomorrow’s iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro pre-order:
2. Open the Apple Store app, tap your profile picture in the top right corner, and set up your Primary Payment and Primary Shipping details. You won’t be able to do this once the Apple store goes down later this evening, likely around dinnertime PST.
3. Next, configure the iPhone 13 model you want, select your colour, storage, etc. Once you’ve picked your preferences, tap the ‘heart’ icon to make this configuration one of your favourites to access later.
4. When the Apple Store goes back online at 5am PST/8am EST on Friday, September 17, launch the Apple Store iOS app, tap the ‘For You’ along the bottom, then scroll down to ‘Your favourites’. You should see the config you set up today. Tap it and then proceed with check out.
Here’s a recap of iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro pricing in Canada…
iPhone 13 mini Pricing in Canada
iPhone 13 Pricing in Canada
iPhone 13 Pro Pricing in Canada
iPhone 13 Pro Max Pricing in Canada
Not sure what to buy? Check out the following articles that may help:
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 12: Differences, Features, Specs, Price and More
- iPhone 13 Pro vs iPhone 12 Pro: Differences, Features, Specs, Price and More
Wireless carriers such as Rogers/Fido, Telus/Koodo, Bell/Virgin and Shaw Mobile/Freedom Mobile will have iPhone 13 lineup pre-orders for September 17. Contract pricing remains to be announced. Stay tuned to those respective stories for updates.
Here are some other iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro pre-order tips:
- Have a backup iOS device ready or your Mac
- Disable Wi-Fi on iPhone and use LTE/5G cellular data instead; keep your Mac or another device on Wi-Fi
- Set a backup alarm (especially if you’re on PST; damn you 5am, damn you to hell)
- Force quit the Apple Store app minutes before the pre-order time
- You’ll be going to bed on Thursday night and waking up Friday morning before 5AM PST/8AM EST
- Go configure the Apple Store iOS app now before it’s too late. If you recently activated a new credit card or changed payment details, have the card handy as it’s a pain to find early in the morning.
With all this being said, the “excitement” around this year’s iPhone 13 lineup doesn’t seem as big, considering this year’s feature upgrades could be considered an “S” year (iPhone 12s and iPhone 12s Pro anyone?). But for those that have patiently waited to upgrade from older iPhones (iPhone 8 or older), this year will be a good upgrade for you.