Rogers, Telus and Bell iPhone 6 Contract Price Predictions
We already know outright unlocked Canadian iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus pricing, but what about 2-year contracts? Most likely we will find out prices this Friday, the day where users can pre-order devices from Rogers, Telus and Bell (and from Apple).
If we take a look at last year’s iPhone 5s unlocked pricing and contract pricing, we can probably take a good stab at what this year’s iPhone 6 contract pricing will be.
Last year’s 2-year contract pricing:
- 16GB iPhone 5s – $229
- 32GB iPhone 5s – $329
- 64GB iPhone 5s – $439
Last year’s unlocked pricing from Apple:
- 16GB iPhone 5s: $719
- 32GB iPhone 5s: $819
- 64GB iPhone 5s: $919
This year’s unlocked iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus pricing:
- 16GB iPhone 6: $749 (+$100 vs US)
- 64GB iPhone 6: $859 (+$110 vs US)
- 128GB iPhone 6: $969 (+$120 vs US)
- 16GB iPhone 6 Plus: $859 (+$110 vs US)
- 64GB iPhone 6 Plus: $969 (+$120 vs US)
- 128GB iPhone 6 Plus: $1079 (+$130 vs US)
Predictions for 2-year iPhone 6 Pricing with Rogers, Telus and Bell:
- 16GB iPhone 6: $239 (+$40 vs US)
- 64GB iPhone 6: $339 (+$40 vs US)
- 128GB iPhone 6: $449 (+$50 vs US)
- 16GB iPhone 6 Plus: $349 (+$50 vs US)
- 64GB iPhone 6 Plus: $449 (+$50 vs US)
- 128GB iPhone 6 Plus: $559 (+$60 vs US)
Here’s how I came up with these unscientific calculations. I took the percentage of last year’s up front iPhone 5s cost and divided it by the unlocked price, then applied that number casually to this year’s iPhone 6 unlocked pricing.
Coupled with Apple’s penchant for price patterns (compared to US subsidized prices as well), we made an educated guess of what pricing might look like. Surely it has to be around this ballpark right–because everything is always more expensive in Canada.
We’ll find out later this week when pre-orders kick off on September 12.