The iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max launched on Friday, alongside the base iPhone 13 series, the iPad mini 6, and the new iPad. Less than a day after the iPhone 13 Pro series went on sale, disgruntled early customers on Reddit are reporting a host of software bugs and issues, including:
- All animations (other than vertical scrolling) in third-party apps being limited to 60Hz on the iPhone 13 Pro’s 120Hz ‘ProMotion’ display. Apple has acknowledged this as an iOS 15 bug, and said that full ProMotion support for third-party apps is coming in a software update.
- Even when Wi-Fi is connected and working, the status bar does not display a Wi-Fi symbol.
- The ‘VPN’ toggle in Settings glitches out, rendering the user unable to enable a VPN connection.
Here’s video of the phenomenon from Reddit user Southernboyj:
- Connectivity issues between the iPhone 13 Pro series and the Apple Watch. Reported problems range from being unable to pair the two devices, to the iPhone abruptly losing connectivity after being paired.
- According to reports from multiple users, CarPlay is broken and often crashes while trying to play audio.
- Widgets spontaneously start misbehaving.
- The ‘Tap to Wake’ feature randomly stops working.
However, iPhone 13 Pro series users are reporting that these issues persist even after installing all available software updates.
And while this isn’t a software “bug”, early bird customers seem to be unanimously peeved that on the iPhone 13 Pro Max, Apple decided to not do anything constructive with the extra screen real estate the (slightly) smaller notch frees up. Instead of adding new icons to the status bar or introducing some kind of new functionality (like numerical battery percentage), the iPhone maker simply increased the size of the existing status bar icons to take up more space.
Are you dealing with any software bugs with your iPhone 13 Pro?