Apple WWDC 2013 Roundup: What You Need to Know
Today was Apple’s highly anticipated 2013 Worldwide Developers Conference where the company announced a new MacBook Air, previewed the new Mac Pro, introduced OS X Mavericks and of course iOS 7. This post will roundup the day’s news to keep you up to date on the latest announcements.
Let’s start off with Apple’s 2013 WWDC by the numbers:
- Over 6 million Apple developers, a 1.5 million increase compared to 2012.
- WWDC was sold out in 71 seconds.
- 407 Apple retail stores worldwide in 14 countries, with one million visitors daily overall.
- Over 900,000 apps in the App Store, with 375,000 iPad apps; over 50 billion downloads to date.
- $10 billion paid out to developers; last year, this number was at $5 billion
- 575 million iTunes Store accounts linked to credit cards.
- 1.8 million books in the iBookstore.
- 300 million iCloud accounts, the fastest growing cloud service ever.
- Game Center has over 240 million users.
- 800 billion iMessages have been sent in total along with 7.4 trillion push notifications.
- Over 600 million iOS devices sold.
As for the day’s stories, here’s what you happened from the beginning:
- Apple to Livestream WWDC 2013 Keynote On Web, iOS, Apple TV
- iMacs with Haswell Processors in July, Analyst Says
- Apple Store Online Goes Down Ahead of WWDC 2013
- Apple Has Paid Out Over $10B to Developers, 900,000 Apps in App Store
- Apple Launches Maps App for OS X, Pushes Directions to iPhone
- Apple Previews The New Mac OS X ‘Mavericks’ [FULL DETAILS]
- New MacBook Airs Launched with Longer Battery Life
- Apple Previews New Smaller Mac Pro, Coming this Fall
- Apple Unveils Free iTunes iRadio Streaming Service, US-Only For Now
- Apple Launches New Airport Time Capsule for $299 CDN, AirPort Extreme $199 CDN
- Apple Unveils The All New iOS 7 For iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad [Full Details]
- Apple WWDC 2013 Keynote Now Available to Watch Online
- Apple Introduces iWork For iCloud, Supports Mac & Windows
- Control Center in iOS 7 Brings SBSettings from Cydia to the iPhone
- iPhone Activation Lock – A New Security Feature In iOS 7
- iOS 7 Will Be Compatible with the Following 8 iOS Devices [PIC]
- Apple Page Dedicated to ‘Designed by Apple in California’ Motto
- iOS 7 Features Apple Didn’t Get a Chance to Talk About Today [LIST]
- iCloud Keychain Remembers and Syncs Passwords Across All Devices
- iOS 7 Beta Download Now Available for Registered Developers
- What Are Your Thoughts on iOS 7? [POLL]
- Apple Design Award Winners Announced at WWDC 2013 [LIST]
- Apple Introduces App Transfer for Developers within iTunes Connect
- Apple Updates AirPort Utility for iOS, Mac to Manage New AirPort Hardware
We’ll keep adding any necessary tidbits to this post as required. Thanks for tuning in today, folks!